Pregnancy is one of the most beautiful phase in a woman’s life. A healthy pregnancy will ensure delivery of a healthy baby. If you are looking for a good maternity hospital in Kolhapur then do not worry. You can trust Gayatri Consulting which is a Maternity Hospital in Kolhapur to provide you with quality service. It is recommended that a pregnant woman must take good care of her during her pregnancy and stay healthy. A leading gynaecologist in Kolhapur Dr Mrs. Rohini Parandekar shares some tips to help you have a healthy pregnancy.
- Eat a balanced diet comprising of green leafy vegetables, milk, fruits ,etc. You may ask a nutritionist or your gynaecologist to chalk out a healthy meal plan for you and follow it methodically. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. Avoid eating spicy or acidic food to prevent heartburn. If you do suffer from heartburn, sleep with your head slightly elevated. Visit your gynecologist or maternity hospital on a regular basis for updates on the development of the fetus and your overall health.
- Avoid smoking and drinking as it may harm the growth and development of the fetus. It may cause birth defects in your child and may also cause miscarriage.
- Consult your gynecologist before enrolling for any yoga or exercise program . However, it is recommended that a pregnant woman should be active and go for regular walks,preferably in an open space such as a park, gardens, etc. Exercise will help improve the blood circulation and also reduce the risk of cramps in the legs.
- Never ever consume any over –the –counter medication without consulting your gynecologist. This can prove to be dangerous for you and your baby. To avoid nausea, you may eat bland snacks such as crackers frequently.This will also help keep your stomach full.
- If you are a working woman, it is advisable that you learn some stress management techniques and learn to relax. Normally, it is a healthy practice for pregnant ladies to take short breaks and take enough rest. You must also ensure that you have a good night’s sleep of at least 7 hours. Talk to your gynecologist in Kolhapur in case you face difficulty in sleeping or develop some complications.
- Pregnancy can be tiring and blissful at the same time. You may speak to your gynecologist about pregnancy and learn more about the various stages of it. Discuss about your fears and worries with your close relatives and know their experiences too! You may also visit the nearest maternity hospital in Kolhapur and understand more about pregnancy from the gynaecologist their.
- From your third trimester, try and sleep on your left side as experts believe that it increases blood flow to the fetus. Sleeping on your left side will also help in proper blood circulation to your uterus and kidneys. Avoid sleeping on your back for long duration.
- Make your pregnancy interesting by documenting many of the changes you are going through. Include your spouse and make it even more memorable and fun too.
- Remain positive throughout your pregnancy. It works wonders! Ignore sad tales and advice from your family members or neighbours. Enjoy your phase. Trust your gynecologist and be comfortable in sharing your problems with her.
- A research suggests that a baby can sense a touch as early as 10 weeks. The baby may also react to your voice, music and other sounds a little later in the pregnancy. So, go ahead,talk to your baby, sing to her and bond with her during your pregnancy. Do what you feel is best and let go the rest.
How do I choose a maternity hospital in Kolhapur?
A pregnant woman must stay fit and healthy to ensure a healthy baby. Along with this, you must also choose your maternity hospital carefully as that is where you will be admitted and get your child delivered. There are several maternity hospitals in Kolhapur that have qualified and experienced gynecologists/ obstetricians. You must always check for the facilities, services that the hospital offers. Know about the reputation of the hospital, though other mothers. After doing all the research you may even visit the hospital and take a little tour of the maternity hospital to understand it better.All this will help you take an informed decision.